We are delighted to welcome you to Hudson’s new home! Explore our services, our journey as one of Brisbane’s top financial planning companies, our property listings, news and articles, and more.
Market Update April 2017
18 April 2017
- The domestic share market has remained flat across April (at time of writing), sitting at around 5,900.
- The Reserve Bank of Australia Board left the official cash rate on hold at 1.5% at their April meeting, where it has been since August 2016. The Reserve Bank of Australia’s outlook remains unchanged and most forecasters expect no rate increase until well in to 2018. Australia’s labour market continues to be a weak point for the Australian economy, holding down wages and inflation.
- The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) announced on 31 March 2017 it was “initiating additional supervisory measures to reinforce sound residential mortgage lending practices in an environment of heightened risks”.
- In the UK the focus continues to be on Brexit, while in Europe a number of countries are holding presidential/parliamentary elections over the next six months. In France, a Le Pen victory, while unlikely, could severely impact European markets, while a Macron victory may help Europe unite. German elections look less likely to have an impact on asset markets, as both Merkel and Schulze are pro-Europe.
- Emerging market equities continued to recover their post-election losses, with the MSCI Emerging Market Index up 2.4% in USD terms and 2.8% in AUD terms.
28 April 2022
When it comes to Risk Management and deciding what levels of cover are right for you, one size certainly does not fit all. As such the insurance industry continues to evolve and cater for individual needs and scenarios. In this article I will take a brief look back at how the insurance world has changed and how several new species of “Hybrid Insurances” may be an effective way to reduce your premiums and cater to your particular needs.
Top Ten Things You May Not Know About Superannuation
28 April 2022
Superannuation can be considered a somewhat complex creature, and constantly changing legislation doesn’t help matters. Below I have compiled my top ten facts that I regularly find members are unaware of when it comes to their retirement nest eggs.
28 April 2022
For this month’s Hudson Newsletter, I wanted to expand on the information I presented in my Tuesday Chat this week – the idea of ESG Investing (Ethical, Social and Governance). This investing simply put, is applying non financial criteria as a part of an analysis of whether to invest in a certain company. Or not.